I was recently at a friends house and, during the conversation we were having about what colour he should paint the hallway, I mentioned that I thought a pair of Roman blinds with a strong pattern would make a nice feature. Bobs windows overlook the Joseph Banks Centre Garden so it naturally followed that the fabric should have a botanical theme. I found a bold, leafy patterned fabric called “Jakarta” in Dunelm Mill and assumed that my job was done. My friend had other ideas and said he liked the fabric but he wanted me to make the blinds. After much fretting about whether or not I had got them “square” enough, this is the result. It’s the first time I have made Roman blinds but the instructions on the sew-helpful site were very good and I am really pleased with the finished product……and thankfully so is Bob!
5 thoughts on “Botanical Blinds…..”
Pingback: My New Workroom blinds….. | Lincs In Stitches
Wow, they’re excellent! 🙂
Thanks Zed, The moment I saw the fabric in the shop I knew it would make an impact!
They look lovely. Well done.
Thanks Sheila. I got another request for making one last night so I’m now looking for a larger cutting table!