The octopod is on its way to becoming a fully fledged octopus once I get his body dried out and somehow attach it to the tentacles. Looking at images of these creatures I’ve got some work to do making bulging eyes before I attempt the joining of the two parts. I’ve photographed him on the resist I used for the body to show the amount of shrinkage involved. Having spent longer than usual on the felting and fulling its resulted in the thickest, toughest piece of felt I have made so far.
4 thoughts on “Octopod update…..”
This work is amazing, looking forward to more of your process.
Thanks Sharon, hope to get a bit more done later this week.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Very nice – looking forward to seeing him with eyes.
Thanks Ruth, I’ve just finished him at last!